If you’re like me and cringe when you hear the word treadmill in the same sentence as workout, then this workout is for you! I’ve never been a big fan of running/ walking on the treadmill for what seems like hours, but hey that’s just me. I’ll be honest, the treadmill to me can be downright boring sometimes. When I trained clients in the past, I would only have them warmup on the treadmill for 7 minutes tops. Anything more would be torture in my eyes (LOL). That’s until I decided to spice up the treadmill workouts.
The treadmill is an excellent piece of equipment to get in some good cardio. I’ve come up with different treadmill workouts using HIIT (High Intensity Intermittent Training) that will intensify your workout by burning more fat in a shorter time. Plus these type of workouts will make the treadmill seem like less of a task that you’re dying to hurry up and finish. 20 minutes and a light set of dumbbells is all you need for this particular workout.
- Begin warming up on the treadmill with a nice brisk walk for 3 minutes.
- Increase speed and run for 1 minute.
- Lower speed and place feet on the outer portion of treadmill. Do bodyweight squats for 1 minute.
- Repeat step 2
- Lower speed. Grab dumbbells and do bicep curls for 1 minute.
- Repeat steps 2-5 three times.
- Cool down with a walk on treadmill for 5 minutes.